Start next training 26 September 2018
Training for PhD candidates and Postdocs.
In this training you will learn how to translate your competences, knowledge and skills acquired during your PhD and/or Postdoc to the demands of employers in various sectors, by describing them in tangible results. You will also train your application- and networking skills and learn to get the most out of LinkedIn.
The trajectory is a combination of 3 individual meetings with a career coach and 4 training sessions. The individual consults offer you the opportunity to pay attention to personal career- and application matters and to prepare job interviews or network talks. During the training sessions you practise your presentation- and application skills and you exchange experiences with other PhDs and Postdocs.
The career coaching is directed towards orientation on the labour market, both inside as outside the academic world.
• Based on your education, work experience and additional activities you describe your qualities, skills and relevant achievements
• 360 degrees feedback
• Determining career motives and -values
Jobseeking and networking skills
• CV check
• LinkedIn as a tool to acquire information on your personal labour market
• Networking for information
Labour market exploration
• Speeddates with guest speakers from your field, invited by the participants (as part of your networking-training)
Self-presentation and job interviews
• Elevator Pitch
• Networking for a job
• Motivation letters
• Practise job interviews
• Duration: 4 afternoons: 13.00 -17.00 hrs and 2 coaching sessions of 1,5 hrs.
• Training dates: 26 September, 31 October, 12 December 2018 and 10 February 2019.
• Number of participants: 5-10.
• Costs: € 1.000,-
• Trainer: Geraldine Sinnema
• Location: Wageningen.
• Contact: Geraldine Sinnema, tel: +31 (0)6 497 46 071
Feel free to call or mail for more information.