Start next training 9 October
Look beyond your PhD or postdoc horizon.
In this training you will learn how to translate your competences, knowledge and skills acquired during your PhD and/or Postdoc to the demands of employers in various sectors, by describing them in tangible results. You will also train your application- and networking skills and learn to get the most out of LinkedIn.
The trajectory is a combination of 3 individual meetings with a career coach and 4 training sessions. The individual consults offer you the opportunity to pay attention to personal career- and application matters and to prepare job interviews or network talks. During the training sessions you practise your presentation- and application skills and you exchange experiences with other PhDs and Postdocs.
The career coaching is directed towards orientation on the labour market, both inside as outside the academic world.
• Based on your education, work experience and additional activities you describe your qualities, skills and relevant achievements
• 360 degrees feedback
• Determining career motives and -values
Jobseeking and networking skills
• CV check
• LinkedIn as a tool to acquire information on your personal labour market
• Networking for information
Labour market exploration
• Speeddates with guest speakers from your field, invited by the participants (as part of your networking-training)
Self-presentation and job interviews
• Elevator Pitch
• Networking for a job
• Motivation letters
• Practise job interviews
• Duration: 4 afternoons: 13.00 -17.00 hrs and 2 coaching sessions of 1,5 hrs.
• 9 October, 13 November, 11 December 2019 and 15 January 2020
• Number of participants: 4-10.
• Costs: € 1.000,-
• Trainer: Geraldine Sinnema
• Location: Wageningen.
• Contact: Geraldine Sinnema, tel: +31 (0)6 497 46 071
Feel free to call or mail for more information.